Jetting for trail ported SRX @ 3000'

SRXM5

I have a 98 MTN SRX that has just been ported and was wondering what would be the a good starting point for jetting . I run an Atacc but need to jet for 3000 feet as my base elevation. Stock pipes, with cold air kit and a bender can. The motor basically is new and I would rather not squeak it on the first day out.I was thinking of going up 2 sizes from where I was un-ported but I'm not really sure how close I was before getting the motor done.I guess I need to know the needle positions etc as well. Thanks in advance for any assitance.
SRXM5

well that depends on the porting, but most times, with a trail ported motor in a srx, you will still use the stock jetting, as the engine becomes more efficent (if the porting is done correctly), with your cold air kit and such maybe 148.8 148.8, 150, leave the needles stock clip but place both shims under the clip, this should be close, you may have to fine tune from here, but better to be a tad on the rich then lean side. if you were on flat land, I would go 150,150,151.3

Back