oil pump cable gap

Vmaxsxt

Does more gap in the cable mean more oil or less? Also my primary has grooves worn at the bottom like guys have spoke about on here. If I switch from the Yami 8dn tp an ultimax will this stop the wearing? How much will this belt affect my clutching? Will I have to shave off some tip weight? Sled is an 02 SRX. I tried a regular Dayco Max on my wifes 600 xtc and it didnt go as well,she even commented that her sled wasn't the same. It acted like the belt was too short. Does the ultimax perform as well as the Yami belt? If I keep running the Yami belt am I going to ruin my primary?I put 9500 miles on my 98 Sx700 with the 8dn belt did'nt notice any grooves in my clutch but never really looked for them either..Thanx for any input.

more gap is less oil. Just make sure to stay within 1 or 2mm of the specs with a good synthetic oil if you like to run it a little leaner.

yamaholic is right on the money about oilpump cable gap! as for the clutch, there is a spot you can feel on a brand new clutch from the center to the taper portion, I think some guys feel this and think its worn out. I have had a 98 srx and never used anything but a 8dn belt for 11,000 miles, guess what...the clutch is not worn out, the 8dn is the best belt to use. The reason your other sled acted differnt with dayco belt is because: 1. if you check, I bet the belts are differnt length's, so if its longer ,its gonna be more boggy because of the increased belt deflection, if its short its gonna be low on power on topend. 2. the belt is a softer compond and will change the rpm's slightly of your engine. If you wrap one of those cloth measuring tapes around the outside of the belts, you'd be surprised how they vary

the correct distance is 21mm or .826" for the oil cable - pull it out of the rubber thing and measure it - I use calipers and usually go 22 or 23mm for stock sleds - my buddy goes to 30mm and hasent smoked it - it dosent smoke much or use much oil - on the oother hand, oil is cheaper than - ya know.

Back