Vmax 4 750 setup

92vmax750

Hello i was just wondering if anyone had a good clutch,gear setup for a 1992 vmax 4 750.

Looking for 660 ice and 500 grass setup. Will only be racing the sled
Just got the sled as far as i can tell it is stock besides rcp twins and jets 142.5
Any other info about suspension,carb setup would be great to thanks in advance james

Thanks i posted this question there as well. I couldnt find any race setups maybe im looking in the wrong spot

is your secondary stock? If it is, your options for a helix are fairly limited there. a number of companies did make then but not any more. With those rpc twins you should gain a few horse, seems jetted fat for that though. I ran aaen quads and had 140's for mains and it ran strong, maybe a little boggy off the line, should have put bigger pilots in there I suspect. What RPM do your pipes run at? If they run at close to stock then this setup may be close. Again if you have the older style secondary where the helix is on the backside of the clutch then you will not find the helix listed below. In order to run the newer "reverse" style you have to make a few changes to your vmax-4. You will need a newer style one-piece jackshaft(95-97's), and a quick look at vmax-4.com and look up the thread (jacked-up jackshaft).

•1. HAUCK '' ORANGE '' PRIMARY SPRING WITH ONE SHIM.
•2. STOCK 8BU- 00 WEIGHTS '' NOTCHED '' FOR ENGAGEMENT. USE STOCK RIVETS. ENGAGEMENT SHOULD BE NO LOWER THAN 5000.
•3. RUN A 52/42 HELIX IN SECONDARY @ 1-6 OR 70 DEGREE.
•4. RUN '' STOCK SILVER CODE'' SECONDARY SPRING.
•5. 20/39 GEARING FOR 400 F.T.
•6. 21/39 GEARING FOR 500 F.T.
•7. 22/39 GEARING FOR 660 F.T.

thanks to Yammiegod for this info taken from vmax4.com.

Last edited:
red isnt the right color for a '92 but the clutches fit the bill. It is a 750 style clutch, if you take the clutch off it will say what degree the helix is. If you see an "a" or an "r" stamped on the helix it is the 42-37. If the clutch is still original '92 it will be an "a". To the best of my experience the '92 helixes are only useable on the 92 clutches. It looks like your speedo cable has also lost its way, it would be a great idea to check your driveshaft bearing while in there. Its an odd size but can be sourced outside of OEM. for 400 bucks you did alright if it runs, those pipes alone are at least 200 bucks used. Good luck!

Rustman said:
red isnt the right color for a '92 but the clutches fit the bill. It is a 750 style clutch, if you take the clutch off it will say what degree the helix is. If you see an "a" or an "r" stamped on the helix it is the 42-37. If the clutch is still original '92 it will be an "a". To the best of my experience the '92 helixes are only useable on the 92 clutches. It looks like your speedo cable has also lost its way, it would be a great idea to check your driveshaft bearing while in there. Its an odd size but can be sourced outside of OEM. for 400 bucks you did alright if it runs, those pipes alone are at least 200 bucks used. Good luck!
Cowl is off thats the reason the speedo is hanging there. It does run after removing a piece of plastic from the carb. Have not had much time with work to take it apart but today is the day with any luck.

plastic tabs are a nightmare, they are found in the airbox and should be removed. More than a few vmax-4's have went down from this tiny detail. I recently found an inch long piece in the reed cage of a friends '92. Good thing it didnt go any further.

The white piece that goes from the carb to he box? Thats what was in it. Lucky it was the whole piece and didn't make its way past the carb. but they are gone now and pod filters will go back on it.

without seeing a pic of the plastic piece I can t say for sure, but I would say I'm about 99% sure. You mentioned you were only racing it so those uni-pods will be fine, however on long WOT runs air pressure differences between the inside and outside of the cab will richen up the mix and lose hp. It was the general concensus on vmax4.com that stock airboxes are best for everyday riders.

Yea this will be strictly race . no radiator (cool down cart) no wiring thats not needed. Will lose anything not needed to make sled run and be safe.

Here is pic of clutch the spring is black with a pink paint on it. Also the suspension looks different i think its a bender pro max. Gearing is 20/33 the secondary says 89 a

Attachments

• 100_0116.jpg
    100_0116.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0118.jpg
    100_0118.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0115.jpg
    100_0115.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back