RM stator,anyone dealt with them?

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I am trying to trace down an issue I've been having with my grip/thumb warmer circut for years now and I think I am to the point of swapping stators to see if it helps.I put a set of the newer soft grips on my sled quite a few years ago and it seems like since then the warmers have just never worked right even though they ohm out the very same as the old stock ones.I have changed the voltage regulator,check the VR and checked for any wires rubbed through and it's not that they don't work at all it's just they don't work any where near like they did when new.I thought I had it figured out this fall in that the heating element was weak in the thumb warmer so I changed the thumb warmer but haven't had a chance to run the sled to see if the warmers are working right yet.So in the mean time I have this 12vdc power supply sitting on my bench so I hook up the old thumb warmer and leave it for a bit only to find after about a half hour it's hot a hell like it should be.I don't know what I'm missing but I thought I would get a stator from RM in Quebec and try it and see what happens.I know there are guys here selling used ones but this way I know what I'll have and start eliminating things from there if it still persists.

I have delt with them a couple of times and never had any problems. both were with 600 grizzlys and both are still working fine.

Back