Approach Angle

Daring

I am finally installing a new skid and someone asked me about my approach angle. I have spent most of the night searching 4 sites and can't find what is the best angle to use. Hartman's website says
"Stop the trenching with a 17 to 20 degree approach angle". Is this the final word?

While static approach angle is the starting point, weight transfer and the resultant dynamic approach angle and track speed are far more important for keeping on top of the snow. You have to factor in the whole package.

When I install the need ski I want to make sure I have placed in a location where I will be able to adjust for the above condition. But I will need a starting point. Is 17 to 20 a good point or is there a better one?

I would say that Tom Hartman knows a lot more about this than I do. What skid are you talking about? In what sled?

I have tried calling him a couple of times and only received the voice mail (never called back). I stopped by a few times and no one was there. I just figured he went out of business. I guess I just had bad timing.

Back