bolt on track lugs?????

86 phazer

I posted about long tracking an 86 phazer and it doesnt look like anyone has even looked at it so I will ask a new question. Anyone know where I can buy the bolt on track lugs? I havent seen them in a while and now I cant find them anywhere but I am not looking in the right places I am sure. Thanks all

Tim

or maybe some call them cleats. These will be going on the little phazer that now has a pretty much slick track. I need a little better traction.

no I am looking for the newer flexible ones that are about 2 inches wide by 1 or 1.5 inches.

Thanks though I should have been more specific the first time.

i have a set of what i think your talking about. new in the package, been sitting around for years. they arent flexible, more of a rigid plastic. i want to say the brand was "holeshot" and i think i got them from slp.

unfortunately they are in the shop at my cabin. if your not in too big of hurry or cant find any, i will make you a deal on these. should be that way this weekend.

Just to let you know, A 121" 1.25 ripsaw will fit in a 91 phazer II with the stock drivers. So if you can find a good used one around you it would fit.

just sell the 1.5 inch and pick up a 1.25 inch. that wll give you the clearance you need and plenty of grip.

if I had a 1.5 I would but that is the problem I have pretty much a slick track and am looking for a 1.25 or even 1 would be nice that is why I want the bolt on deals so I can make a nice pattern track with a little grip.

I haven't seen those bolt on paddles in years. Reality is that by the time you find them, buy them, ship them, trim them to fit (most were 2"), install them, and cuss out the lack of acceleration due to the significant increase in rotating weight you could find a decent 1.25" and throw it in there and be pleased as punch. 1.25 x 136 in an old phazer makes for a fun little package.

The problem is that I dont know what all I need to do that Mod. I mean I think its only a 116 now so thats a lot of extending. and wouldnt the 136 be more rotating weight than the bolt on paddles? and couldnt you port the track if it was too heavy?

Nothing to it. Tunnel extension, Rail extension, and a Track. WPS still shows a 116 to 136 rail extension. List is $89 bucks.

I'm guessing a 136 x 1.25 is going to be quite a bit lighter than bolted on paddles. Guess that's up to you.

I wont deny that I am ignorant on this whole matter. That is why I am here, to hear what all you real sledheads have done for years. I am just getting started in the sled world really. I have had sleds my whole life but never done really any mods, and all of my sleds have been older but now I want to build a fun, light, rocksled.

even if you can find a used 1.25 thats a little rough it will be better than what you have. my buddy got one from his local dealership off a ski doo for $95.00 a few years back it had some torn lugs but it was a huge improvement for his backup exciter.

Back