NCI Thumb Drive

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
Take a look at this: Thumb Drive

NCI is planning a version for the smokers (likely for next season) but needs some info on the warmer connectors and length of wire for models and years. I'm almost certain that Yamaha used a bullet connector at one time and figure they changed to the square style on the Vipers but I can't confirm that.

If you guys could report some info, it would speed up development.

Year, Model, Thumb warmer Connector style (picture would be helpful) and approximate length of the thumb warmer wire to the connectors.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ThumbDrive_10.jpg
    ThumbDrive_10.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

crewchief47 said:
Take a look at this: Thumb Drive

NCI is planning a version for the smokers (likely for next season) but needs some info on the warmer connectors and length of wire for models and years. I'm almost certain that Yamaha used a bullet connector at one time and figure they changed to the square style on the Vipers but I can't confirm that.

If you guys could report some info, it would speed up development.

Year, Model, Thumb warmer Connector style (picture would be helpful) and approximate length of the thumb warmer wire to the connectors.

Thanks!
Looks pretty cool. If no one helps ya out when I get up tomorrow ill snap a pic and measure the cables for ya. I work nights so wont be till later. CCC

Chief,

Just waisted 20 minutes trying to send a photo of my uncovered bars and have given up before I need a reboot (resizing without resize sw - idiot!)...

My 2001 SRX has a square 2 wire hardshell connector for the thumb and 4 bullets for the grips. I'd guess the total length of the thumb harness is about 14" from the hardshell to where it snakes through the throttle block.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you could really use a photo and I'll see what I can do.

Correction: The total length (from hardshell to eliment on backside of throttle lever) is about 14". From hardshell to where the wires come out of the throttle block is about 8 1/2". The hardshell looks like the one you circled in red including the white/black braided wires.

Last edited:
Thumb warmer

Here ya go cheif. The measurements are about 20mm (8") from thumb warmer to beginning of connector, and about 23MM (9") to end of conector. If you need more info let me know. This is off a 2002 viper. CCC

Attachments

• IMAG0390 (800x600).jpg
    IMAG0390 (800x600).jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0392 (800x600).jpg
    IMAG0392 (800x600).jpg
    233 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0393 (800x600).jpg
    IMAG0393 (800x600).jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thumb warmers

Here is the one from my 04 viper s with the RX-1 style controls. Length of wire is about the same as above. 8 to 9"ish. Chris

Attachments

• IMAG0397 (800x600).jpg
    IMAG0397 (800x600).jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0398 (800x600).jpg
    IMAG0398 (800x600).jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the pics. On your second set, are you sure that's the thumb warmer and not the connector for the rocker switch? I'd guess that the connector I circled actually goes to the throttle.....

Attachments

• IMAG0398_(800x600).jpg
    IMAG0398_(800x600).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1
You are probably Right. I didn't even think of that when I traced the wires. Was in a hurry before work. Will double check that for ya but im sure your right. The thumb would be a 2 wire connection and that black one is a 4. Chris

Hey Chief, I looked at my Mt Viper this morning and i believe the wire would need to be at least a foot, maybe 14" to be perfectly safe. I run the stock bars with safety pin removed and extra 3" block riser underneath.

I didn't know Arteeex was still going to do this for the 2 strokes. I hope he does, but he looked at mine a few weeks back and I know he thought the throttle pull was much harder than the 4 strokes so he didn't know if it was practical for the 2 strokes.

I will say I love my thumb throttle on my modded Attak; it's the real deal...

Back