Ripsaw!

bluebullet

All, I installed a 1.25 this summer and put my first 150 miles on yesterday in Jackman, Maine. The trails were really good for this time of year and saw just about every trail condition possible from nice groomed set up trails, ungroomed logging roads, powder, ice, etc.... I just wanted to say, what a great all round performing track!!!!!!!!!! I am running no pics and felt very comfortable in and out of the turns! I had a stock track with 192 pics and this track is clearly far superior!!!!!!!! The sled really comes out of the whole with arm jolting pull all the way up the power band! I used to have to play ketchup when drag racing in any snow, now, IT just WALKS away right from the start!!!! I would recommend this track to anyone!

That is good to know - I just put one on my 02 SRX but haven't got to ride yet - sounds like I'm going to very happy!

ive got about 500kms on mine.....i love it so far but i havent seen any deep powder with it yet though......unreal accerlation on hard pack

I have 2 ViperS's with that track and I never thought I would like driving around with no studs. Unbelievable traction as well as if you notice the sled tracks straighter, the back end doesn't wander at all.

136" Ripsaw

Definetely does not like icy corners nor icy "anything". Be careful if there is "any" ice. It rips when there is snow, but gets pretty squirelly on ice, any ice.

koodat said:
Definetely does not like icy corners nor icy "anything". Be careful if there is "any" ice. It rips when there is snow, but gets pretty squirelly on ice, any ice.
:) I don't think any studless track is going to be good on ice ;)!

Hopefully I'll have a ripsaw on mine next year. Still studded :WayCool:

Ya Well, Ya know what I mean

Been studded for 8 years. 1st year back to no studs. This thing "really" bites and I would say it is no different than having studs so you get a little/lot racy. Then the icy corner comes and "woooaaawwwaaaaoowww".

Now instead of just looking for oncoming in the corners, I am looking for oncomers and shiny stuff on the ground.

I'm thinking about installing a new ripsaw on my 01. Any mods. required or is it a bolt in? What about 3rd window closed or all open, any difference??

I just installe done on my 00 and love it - the sled is awesome now - I almost sold the sled but am very happy with it now. My new cat is going to be put on hold for another year or two.

I have a 04 viper-s with the ripsaw, and my buddy has an 02 viper (both un-picked) With the ripsaw my viper just walks all over the stock 02 track. One thing I do like (other than great acceleration) is it seems to work very well in the corners. Lets you slide a bit when you want to, or if you grab a hand full of throttle it bites just enough to allow you turn with out lifting both ski's. Much nicer feel than a picked sled for me. And the above statment is true watch out for those icey corners.

Back