Viper Speedo

excel V

Can anyone tell me if you can buy a new lens for a Viper speedo and how much they cost? Mine was continually fogging up in an area over the odometer, so I removed the lens and cleaned it, waxed it and replaced it. Big misstake. there is some kind of film on the inside of the lens and after I removed it by cleaning, the intire lens fogs up all the time. My dealer is going to check but he did not think you could buy a replacement lens.

Yes, you can buy a new lens. Yamaha part # is 8EK-8353E-00-00 and it runs $20.96. When you install it make sure the area where it seals is clean. On the back of the speedo you need to seal where the conection goes in and you wont have that problem anymore.

It is available.8EK-8353E-00-00 is the part #. When these first came out there was a service bulliten for this fogging issue. They said it was due to the electrical connector boot not being squared with the connector. Fix was to untape and reposition boot and retape. If lens was stained it was to be replaced with above part number. I think the lens is $20-$25.

Back