2001 SRX w/89a-10 setup ???...

Netefrog

OK so heres the deal. Anybody and everybody who has had any measure of success with these weights listed lets hear it. How much weight in each hole? What springs? What helix?
Currently running a hauck kit with 89a-10s, silver secondary, black primary and a 49-41 helix at 80 wrap (6 and 2). Not scared to spend a little money to buy parts that I might need to make these weights ripp. LETS HEAR IT!! Also have a www primary spring on hand along with 8dn-20 weights :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow .

bluemonster1 said:
didn't you try the 8BU's last weekend,waiting for results....
tofastsrx has them dialed in pretty good. shoot him a PM. he may share his setup with you. TTT guys .

Netefrog, I thought your hauck kit was working just fine?? Also, your finish angle sounds alright. Anywhere from 40-43 finish is ok and 47-49 start angle. How do you know your hauck angle is a 49/41? Also, silver spring is too much for those weights, especially w/80deg wrap.

mopar1rules said:
Netefrog, I thought your hauck kit was working just fine?? Also, your finish angle sounds alright. Anywhere from 40-43 finish is ok and 47-49 start angle. How do you know your hauck angle is a 49/41? Also, silver spring is too much for those weights, especially w/80deg wrap.

It is working good, but there is always room for improvement. I havent measured the helix so I don't know, but thats what it is listed as in your aftermarket cam angle chart. My first step will be to set the secondary spring back to 60 (3&3). Thanks for the advice Mopar, anybody else???

tofastSRX said:
i think netefrog you need to go to your w-w-w and green secondary for trail and red for radar runs when i drove the sled the rpm's would go to 8500 then drop to 8100 also really high engaugement like 5400

5400RPM???? You mean 4500??? and even that seems high from what I see.

I see your running the hauck black 50/125kg spring. I would switch to the stock y/w/y. Also, what rivets in what holes? That helix will be fine and a red @ 80 should be fine too. I had 4000 engagement on mine with y/w/y spring.

I’d like to live some of that glory lol. I have 89a-10 weights. They were on my sled when I bought it. Fought a lot of issues one season. Put it back to a fully stock setup and left it like that. I’d like to play with it though.
It had the 89a-10’s loaded up, if i remember correctly they were 51 grams. Had a gwg primary spring and a red secondary spring with a stock helix. Never got to see what happened with it cause I fought bog issues all year. Put the clutches back to All stock and still had issues. Turned out to be the previous owner, and me not knowing any better, had the air filter foam installed in the wrong place choking out the motor. F me! Anyways I’d love to try the 89a-10 again if I knew a good setup. Sled is a 99 700

Dude this place is a wealth of knowledge regarding these old 2 stroke yammies. Tony or Mr viper could probably help you with some advice and guidance

Go to:
TY home
Technical Pages
Snowmobile Tech
Totallyamaha User Clutching Charts
There is one in there w/ 89s in there.

Another from the TY tuning page:
98-99 SRX700 Trail/lake: 48/42 Helix, 89a-10 w/ 4.5g rivet in 1st hole and .8g in tip, 2-3 engagement shims, b-w-b primary spring, stock secondary spring.

Last edited:
Hauck orange primary

Hauck silver secondary

Hauck Straight 49 helix

It's their stage 4 kit.

Last edited:

Back