Summerizing worth it?

FuzzButt

In April of 2009 I summerized my Vmax like normal. I wasn't able to go out at all last year due to my second son being born in November. So this past weekend when I was able to get out there I was very pleasantly shown that the efforts I took nearly 2 years previous had rewarded me quite nicely.

Well I had to purchase a new battery since the one that was in there was 5 years old but besides that I was able to crank her for a bit and she fired right up. Had a great easy day out on the trail with my Dad on his new/old Polaris 2-up (instead of his recently completely rebuilt 700 Viper ER).

So if your on the fence if you thing fogging your motor and lubricating the moving parts are worth your time they most certainly are.

Oh and I was burning a mix of over half a tank of 2 year old gas that was stabilized and about 3 gallons of fresh 87 octane. Ran great once the motor was warm. Still spun 8000 under full throttle and still shifted out above 85 MPH at 7800 RPM on the nose.

FuzzButt said:
So if your on the fence if you thing fogging your motor and lubricating the moving parts are worth your time they most certainly are.

Oh and I was burning a mix of over half a tank of 2 year old gas that was stabilized and about 3 gallons of fresh 87 octane. Ran great once the motor was warm. Still spun 8000 under full throttle and still shifted out above 85 MPH at 7800 RPM on the nose.

Total agreement regarding fogging and since I assume your 600 runs fine on 87 otherwise, your application doesn't apply.

IMO - sleds requiring premium I'd recommend against running 2 year old fuel... treated or not.

What did you stabilize the fuel with? I always put sea-foam in the tank, run the sled for at least 15 minutes to get the sea foam worked throught the fuel system and then fog.

Stabil (regular)... I use the marine version now since I have a ton of it sitting around for my Carlson's Johnson.

Ya even with the raised compression on my 600 it handles regular fuel just fine.

Back