snowmobile cover

maxco

I need a hand. I need a new snowmobile cover for my 2000 mountain max. problems are: It is extended to 151, It has a 6" rise on the handlebars. It has to be trailerable. Any Ideas? anyone? :letitsnow

custom tailored. take a stocker and have an uphosltery expert raise the center section for the bar rise. no worries on the extension, the oem mtn sled covers only came to the back of the seat or so anyways.

i have an 02 viper modified into a mtn viper with a 151 track and about 3 inches if riser. I just bought a yamaha mtn viper cover that is skis and all and it works great. This cover fits over the back of the seat, not the end of the tunnel, so tunnel length doesn't matter. If my riser was taller it would still work just fine. Quality is awesome and fit is tight, doesn't flap around. Best part is it covers the skis right from the tip!

http://www.portyamaha.com/eshopprod_cat_6782-3795-2261_product_1015464.Custom_Skiz-N-All_Cover.htm

maxco said:
I need a hand. I need a new snowmobile cover for my 2000 mountain max. problems are: It is extended to 151, It has a 6" rise on the handlebars. It has to be trailerable. Any Ideas? anyone? :letitsnow

I took my old cover from my Mountain Apex and it fits just fine on my Mountain Viper. You don't need the cover to reach to the rear grab bar do you?

I just bought a neoprene cover off of Dennis Kirk for $145 that covers the skis and goes all the way back over the grab bar, and I have 6" of rise over stock and a 156 and it fits. It's snug, but it fits.

thanks guys

I am working with the owner of snow skinz. he is local. I have tried 3 different covers, but this one is too small, this one is too cold....... I haven't found out wich one will work. the apex , rx-1 or mm did not. he actually came out to my place and helped me try them on. Unreal. he took some measurements, and is going to call me about maybe a polaris rmk cover. I hope it works :letitsnow

cover

snow-skinz owner ron helped me. he is awesome. I may still need to have the cover modified, but the overall fit for a polaris vertical edge fits the nose and spindles really well. it rides up a little higher off the running boards than is ideal, but covers all the important bits. I am an un-compensated, unasked spokesperson. people should buy from this guy. He is really un-real. I belive he is retired. He didn't want to charge me for the cover until I called him to tell him it fit. thanks . my bars are raised 7 inches with a 151 ekholm extension. and the cover fits all the way to the rear grab bar. :2strokes:

YooperMike said:
How much $$?? Sounds nice.

Never mind, found their website. Says $220 for long track sleds, very nice looking, form fitting to every contour of the sled, with a gas flap incorporated.

he has a website

The cover was $219.00 it is a polaris vertical edge long-track. It fits over my machine with the 6" risers, and handlebar ends. Over the 151 tunnel I have, and the straps for hold down are nice, and quality. As a bonus Ron is great to deal with.

my OEM srx cover fits fine with 151, stock bars and risers. It is now tight because I put wider pro-taper bars on it. No need to custom make IMO unless you have one that covers beyond the seat

I have two 2001 mm700s with 7" risers with stock moded covers on them... the only MOD we did was cut the very front center and add a piece of material for the (under the front bumper piece)... kind of a triangle piece 8" X 8" or so.. works great

YooperMike said:
I just bought a neoprene cover off of Dennis Kirk for $145 that covers the skis and goes all the way back over the grab bar, and I have 6" of rise over stock and a 156 and it fits. It's snug, but it fits.
This is perfect.. No need to get it custom made.... :sled1:

Back