just picked up a 77 340 exciter need carb boot

rvdave@live.com

Just picked up a 77 exciter 340. Pretty nice shape, it does need a carb boot (cracked) and a throttle billet for the handle bars. Does anyone have a good source of parts of the 340's? New? used? Thanks

Might be a good vintage drag or oval candidate.14

might need to google it i checked a few places for you on new parts it says obsolete might have to look for used.

Carb boots are almost impossible to find. I'm told that one off an SRV will fit the carb but it's a 2 bolt boot unlike the original 4 bolt one so redrilling is required.

The throttle block is the same as all 76-77 Exciters (340 and 440). But that boot was only used on the 340's.

I've got a 77 440 parts sled in the barn and a real nice 77 340 engine on the bench.

opsled

would a 77 be different from a 79 or 80Enticer? I've seen that boot somewhere online, new (forget where) for like $12.something. 300 and 340 are the same; (at least 79-80 they are) as I have a 79 300 sled that I dropped an 80 340 engine into. still have the 300 engine, but never did get a carb with it. (boot is there though)

Sorry my dad said that its a unique intake boot and to change the intake manifold to the old style like an SL or GP intake manifold which will adapt to 2 bolt rubber manifold

I have never worked on an SL or GP so I have no idea but I'm pretty sure mine on the Enticers are a 2 bolt; both the 300 and the 340; I'll look when I get home;
I commented on price since someone had one on Fee Bay for $36.99, I found it on one of the online Yamaha parts dealers for like $12.

Ex -340's were a 4 bolt flange and had to axcept that big Keihn roundslide carb.

No other Yammie used this 4 bolt boot. Finding them in usable condition is very hard to do.

opsled

the throttle billet for the 76-77 has two cables-throttle and oil injection. The offset (WHICH AFFECTS THE THROW) on it is also larger then 79-81 Exciters and the enticers.
I found a SRV flange but it has been to cold to get it off. Who has the parts?
Thanks
Dave
unheated garages suck.

Well I found a boot off of a SRV with this warm weather I will try see if I can re-drill and get it to fit. I did a compression test and have only 85psi per side so I guess it is time for rings and pistons. Dennis kirks any good?

i have a few boots but they are not for sale and they will just be junk once you start using the sled anywho you need to use a gp intake and do a little grinding to open it up inside to help the flow then you can use the 76-77 440 carb boot witch are a lot easier to find

i have been incontact with SPI and Kimpex to see if they would be interested in remaking them again for the 340 and the 440 ex's but i still have not gotten a answer and i really do not want to send them my only new one and not get it back

Nutz

Last edited:

Back