hillcross

etter_696

i am buildn up a hillcross sled, i asked about kimpex earlier decided not to be a cheap skate bought some 03 viper shocks for the front work great. i have also added uni pod filters, fox main rear shock, 136in camoplast track, slp rail extentions, 6in riser block w/ articulating block, tunnel extention, pro x skis and a little clutchn-but needs some more, let me know any ideas on what to do next thanks a bunch

not many, as i mentioned uni filters, and some clutch work, otherwise nothing- i have a silencer i am making but it needs a little work yet

Hillcross

I am not sure of the machine you are using, but if it isnt an SRX

PIPE That climber, and port it too!!

If this is a sx of some sort the pipes & clutches have really been super for power and more predictable than previos set ups--From What I have seen

Either way--GOOD LUCK

17J

i have gottn a few more ideas but i want to know ur thoughts, i could keep my stock 500 motor and have it modded or should i put a srx 600,700 in it i can get a really good on a triple though so let me know ur thoughts thanks again

Put in a triple from SRX700 for sure. Bigger baseline to increase HP from if doing extensive modifications anyway. Not sure bout hillcross, power to weight is prob important, but you get mucho pony from the triple.

well, i picked up my srx 600 motor today and my m-10 is finished i went with a 136 skid with fox shocks and fast's m-valving looks great i havnt put my motor in yet it should go in this week and other ideas would be great thanks

got my 600 srx motor in my 500 chassie, very interesting job to say the least, also got my m-10 in. suspention is great would highly recomend m-10 any other ideas for my sled, i have heard about putting a 700 top end on my 600 crank let me know if that would work thanks again

Was the crank welded and trued on that one? Hope so, as both years of SRX600's had issues.

How bad was it getting it in there? Any hood clearance issues?

i dont know if the crank was trued or not, the hood did no clear i had to cut a section out for the pipes

i guess the crank wasn't trued nor welded lost a crank bearing pistons rings ect....... :( :shock: i am not to happy bout that, what do u do to weld them i know i can have them trued at fast but i have no idea what to weld on them, let me know for when i get another crank thanks

enginer down

Yamaha WAS standing behind the weld of the crank VJ referred to. I would take it to your local dealer, and ask them what they have done in the past. If you kiss a little @#$W@^ you may be surprised what they will do.
Good luck

my local dealer is horesh*t to say the least they dont really do anything for u besides order parts. so how should i go about kissn alittle a** and finding out what i should do

WHICH local dealer do you deal with, 5 seasons? (They are the WORST dealer I've ever delt with) I've done my yamaha buisness with Cliff Rue motors in Hibbing lately (staring with the purchase of my 01' sx600R in 2002)

Back