Trail closers??? Has anyone heard of this?

alswagg

VIP Member
Trail closers, Cadillac, Caberfe trails, Important read

I saw this on Fishwebs trail reports, I could not copy the document but I did attatch the link. Has anyone heard of this??

We need to take the threat of the feds to close the national forest down to snowmobiling very seriously if you are at work wasting time please read this and follow through on the importance of riding in the National Forest and the little impact it has on it. We need to yell loud here. Please follow through and write the feds let them know how important this is.

http://www.fishweb.com/recreation/snowmobile/trails/msa.pdf

Last edited:

Spend $20.00 become a member of the Michigan Snowmobile Association and you'll find out about this stuff first hand.

Support Your Sport

Derek

We were all signing letters up at the snow fest in Cadillac for this. It would be a major issue if the feds get their way. Would really cut right across the trail system up there even though they say it's only a small area of forest.

That small area of forest is my home base for riding. Been riding and camping there all my life. This guy is a Detroit area lawyer who wants quiet access for hikers etc. All recreational people need to unite to defeat this idiot who wants to take it all away. Hunters would be affected as well. This will cause a Major disruption to the Cadillac trail system, a big, expensive,and difficult reroute would have to be implemented. Anyone reading this post should click on the link and reply to the forest service. They will make a final decision. Even if you dont ride this area, you should stand up and be counted or we will be fighting more of these battles if this succeeds.

Back