srx problem???

Jayri

Well I just went to start the srx tonite and have a problem. When it finally fired it only ran on the center cylinder and was pumping gas out the carb vent lines, any answers???

Try putting new plugs in your sled. Then next time you start it, dont touch the throttle lever until your sled is completely warmed up. (just use the choke to keep it idling) Sounds to me like you fouled a couple spark plugs last time you had your sled out.

My srx will foul the plugs every time if i use the throttle at all to warm my sled up.

clean the carbs!

Clean the carbs, the needle and seat are stuck from the old fuel being left in the carbs for 2 years now, its the only way to fix it. Be sure to clean the needle/seat, pilot jets, main jets these are whats going to be all gunked up. I always clean them and then spray carb cleaner thru the little hose on tip thru the carb circuits and follow with compressed air, reassemble, and it will run like a fine swiss watch.

Oh, might want to follow the warmup procedure i posted above, but you should clean your carbs out good first, then let us know how it works.

do yourself a favor!
get some allen head screws to replace the philips screws in the bowls now.

I usualy have a couple that are a real pain and end up half sripped by the time i get them out. last time I had to use vise-grips on 2 screws and a dremmel tool to cut a slot for a regular srew driver.

also be sure you clean out the choke curcuit thoughly. my bowls have always looked clean, but twice I've had a gummed up choke.

Got em off, boy were they dirty, almost rusty looking. thought I was going to strip the screws but lucked out. let you know how it turns out. Can't wait to hear it run, put the hauck triple silencers with triple exits out belly pan!!

you will not need to rejet for that silencer, they aren't any stronger and don't flow any more than the stock silencer, just sound a lot tougher. Aftermarket silencers actually lose power on the srx's, but save weight and sound better. Have fun with that animal, lucky you have the DCS as well :rockon:

i seen that happen before to a guys sled who said there is no need to clean the carbs after storage if stored properly. well that was aload of crap. same thing carbes jammed with varnish and dirt. clean em and you should be trouble free... thats my motto.

Got the carbs cleaned and fired her up for the first time, like waking up a giant...wow...sounds incredible!!! Idles perfect. Any clutching suggestions??

Back