PREMIUM VS REGULAR GAS (again)...

SRXPete

I remember there was a post about this last year and I didn't pay attention to it because I didn't really need to. Anyway, the $#!t hole town I live in does not have premium gas anymore. It was over a dollar a litre and no one would buy it except for me, so they got rid of it. Now I would have to drive almost 2 hours to the nearest gas station with premium gas.

My question is....can I run regular gas in my SRX's??? What about octane boost??? Some guys say you can run regular and some don't. Some guys say you can run octane boost and some don't. So I have come to the experts here on this forum to see what you guys have to say.

I've been told by a certified yamaha mechanic you can run regular gas, just lay off the long wide open runs until you get some premium gas in there. I don't know much about octane boost stuff, but regular is fine if you don't go long distances wide open.

Hey Pete, by chance are you Chuck's friend up in Elk Lake, is so i can't believe Rob is not going to offer premium gas, IMO i think that's a stupid move............James

Reap, yeah I am an acquaintance of Chuck's. I run into him at his camp near Shiningtree once in awhile. No, I don't live in Elk Lake and don't get gas at Rob P's (over 2hrs away). I have to drive to Sudbury or Timmins from Gogama to get premium, but I guess I will have to let the machines drink regular because I have no choice and I am not too happy about it.

Maybe your location makes this impossible, but why not get a couple 55 gallon oil drums and order your own gas?

I am looking into getting some drums...but that is such a hassle hauling gas all the time...especially when I don't go to the city all that much.

Run regular gas it will work fine. if not just buy some octane booster and run that. Your sled will run just as good on reg gas, you probably wont tell the difference

stock your own fuel man, couple drums and it's a once a year trip, you COULD likely get away with regular, but holeing a piston on a long WFO stretch sucks...

Back