SRX clutching... Getting close?

0srx1

Hey guys, first I want to say thanks to all those who have made suggestions on this already to me, but I hopefully will have to do this one time , so I'd like to try to get it right. I've decided against using the new heelclickers I have and am going to try the stock weights. From what you guys said this sounds like the setup I'm going to try on my stock 01 srx, which will be mostly aggressive trail ridden and some ice drags.

Stock weights ( cause their cheap! ) , with 4.5 weights, www primary spring,48/40 Advant-Edge helix ( which is more like a 51/43????) and either stock secondary setting , green @ 70deg or silver @ 60deg.

My last questions are ( I sure hope so!):

Is one of the rivets already a 4.5 ? The tech section says 17.2 and 13.9? And is there anything special I need to do to get them in or out?

Is my assumption right on the helix and who makes the adant-edge?

Which secondary setup would be best?

Do I want to try a different size roller?

Thanks again guys, I'd be lost without this site!
Btw, the heelclicker kit is for sale if anyone wants them, the new 2 speeds with weights riveted in, tuning weights, springs and instructions.

Stock 8dn-20,s have a 3.6 gram inner with a 4.5 outer. The 48/40 advant-edge is more aggressive then a 51/43 of any other cut. you might have to remove some mass from those weights to run 8500 rpm.

Thanks Guys. Still wondering if someone could tell me who makes the Adant-Edge Helix. Let it snow!

Osrx1 - you must be talking to turk! Thats the same setup he suggested to me. I went with the red secondary spring at 80. I cant wait to try it out. I have a trip to Quebec scheduled on January 5th - Ill let you know how the setup works. Thanks again for the help Turk.

Yup, Turk's given alot of help, Mr700viper also suggested a similiar setup. Let me know how it goes vice and good luck. Thanks O's srx.

Back