Bravo Reoil Issues

Hudman

The pawl on the Bravo I bought for the kids doesn't engage very well, so I pulled the recoil. I wasn't able to get the recoil out because it's wedged between the motor and the fuel tank. I was able to see that the pawl was mushroomed, so it needs to be replaced.

Is there a way to slip the recoil between the tank and the motor? I'm not sure if I remove the exhaust, it would slip forward, but maybe.

Also, what does it take to swap the pawl? Will the spring need to be rewound? If not, maybe I could work on it without removing it fully.

Hud

you can fit the recoil without dissecting the whole snowmobile , it's hard and requires some patience. the hardest part is getting the bolts underneath started, real pain in the ***.if your plate is mushroomed most likely all is worn. There are small springs which slip or break which cause the initial problem and eventually wear the recoil parts! When i replaced the little springs i glued the ends so they wouldn't slip. I used a recoil parts out of a old enticer better setup than the bravo. be careful you don't disturb the recoil spring or you will hate your life lol.!Hope this helps!

Back