stuck

redhotrod

Hey, anyone herd of this? Was going to take a ride last night started the viper, let it warm up. I then took it over where there is light to add oil. Now after adding the oil and getting dressed went out started right up. went to go. No go??? put it back up on track stand tried to run track. No go. Take all riding clothes off and put on work clothes. Now when the sled is on the stand I can only move the track about a half inch foward and back. The secondary will not turn, the jack shaft will not turn. The parking brake is not on. The lube in the case was changed back in November, Amsoil. It's an 02 ER. Any ideas before I tear it a part? Its only -10 in the artic garage. Lots of snow, no go. Thanks, Gerald

Recently read in SnowTech I believe about water in the chaincase that freezes and locks chaincase up tight. Also try to operate the reverse in and out may be in forward and reverse at the same time won't move if that happens.

Yes the chain and track were set after we got it out of storage this year. We loaded it in the back of the truck ad took it to a friends garage, (with heat). Now the track wouldn't turn when we loaded it up, drove ten miles backed into the garage to unload it and the track turned like it was never stuck. The only thing that I did was to run the engine to get it warm to take it into the garage. Could snow or water got onto the brake pads and froze to the rotor? I didn't think to grab the brake lever when the track was stuck. Anyway we changed the case oil and checked the tensions again just to be sure. 100 miles today and no worrys. Thanks for the help.

Back