What you use to rodent proof

gbic1

I guess it is that time of year to put them away and get out the quads. What do you use to keep the rodents out. I store mine on the trailer in an old barn. They ate a hole in my gas tank last year. Really need some thing good.

I use a pit bull! I have 6 acres with invisible fence and used to have a problem with chipmunks, You cant find any rodent on my property! Alot of variables not mentioned. Do you have kids,pets,livestock to be concerned with? My best suggestion is to go to local feed and grain store. They will be able to make suggestions and ask any and all questions about products verses rodents in your area.

put an electric grid around the sled..it'll fry them critters when they come close...lol them mice got me last summer good,but I didn't have traps or poison doen anywhere.Just moth balls and frabic softener sheets.|And they love them sheets..they have actually eaten them

you guys are scaring me, thinking about building a big wood box to cover it with. right down to the concrete.

I use dryer sheets. I know it seems weird but a guy told me to do it for my kayak straps so the mice would not eat the seat or cloth straps. I put three sheets under the hood, one on each running board. Oh and I duck tape my exhaust. Hope this might work out for ya.

Peppermint Oil, The mice have nested in my untreated lawn tractor but never in my treated sled.

Couple of cats living in the barn. I brought a couple home from my dad's to live outside/in my garage. Rodent problem went away. There are times in the summer when they deposit 2 or 3 mice a day out on the deck:)

Devilin AblueDress! said:
I use a pit bull! I have 6 acres with invisible fence and used to have a problem with chipmunks, You cant find any rodent on my property! Alot of variables not mentioned. Do you have kids,pets,livestock to be concerned with? My best suggestion is to go to local feed and grain store. They will be able to make suggestions and ask any and all questions about products verses rodents in your area.
I think it is the terrier in them that makes them a great rodent - shal we say repellant - I heard or saw on the animal planet channel that some dogs were actually bred for certain carictaristics/traits..
If you store your sled just make sure that it is in an area that has no easy access, meaning if you have one of those metal sheds that has no foundation they can easily dig under the wall and enter your shed. You can try exotic scents as I have in the past but I cant tell you one way or the other if they worked..... Nothing ever was chewed.... Maybe I got lucky.

Rodents

I have been using this for years and there is not a rodent that will stay in the area. Amonia in a open cup or bottle. All animals and bats included will imediatly run from the stuff. It burns there sences in there nostrils. Trick is to keep it potent, the stuff evaporates but my boat, sled,camper are all clear of mice etc. My neighbor had racoons in his fireplace and his wife would not let him burn them out so a small cup of amonia placed in there and before we could get outside they all evacuated the chimney and never returned. The mother and four small ones scampered off the roof imediately. I also put the stuff in my attic of my cabin and the bats did the same thing ! I also cover the floor of my boat, sled and camper with moth balls to insure the bastards get the drift !

BBlueSRX said:
I have been using this for years and there is not a rodent that will stay in the area. Amonia in a open cup or bottle. All animals and bats included will imediatly run from the stuff. It burns there sences in there nostrils. Trick is to keep it potent, the stuff evaporates but my boat, sled,camper are all clear of mice etc. My neighbor had racoons in his fireplace and his wife would not let him burn them out so a small cup of amonia placed in there and before we could get outside they all evacuated the chimney and never returned. The mother and four small ones scampered off the roof imediately. I also put the stuff in my attic of my cabin and the bats did the same thing ! I also cover the floor of my boat, sled and camper with moth balls to insure the bastards get the drift !
Now that you mention it I have heard of this trick before.

You guys make me laugh. Great ideas. I like the electric grid idea. LOL We have 4 different cats that run through everyones yard. They seem to do the trick. I think I will try the amonia though just to be safe.

BBlueSRX said:
I have alway's done the mothball and dryer sheet trick no problem's so far.
If a person were to use the amonia in a garage where they are working on stuff all the time would'nt it stink up the garage?
Sound's like it work's very well but the smell of that stuff is enough scare me away from it.

I use dryer sheets in my boat. So far so good. But it is in a garage and I've never seen any mice in there. I don't use mothballs because I don't want the boat cabin to smell like mothballs!

Back