bad ride tonight

madzx2

i was riding home from work tonight with everything going fine. sled running like a top, made a couple 100+ mph sprints. i was coming up to a stop sign close to home and snow started flying up on the right side. i let off the gas and the front end dropped down. i got off and looked and the bottom shock bolt either broke or loosened itself and dissapeared. i managed to limp it home on one ski. the shock is tweaked pretty good. ill post pics later but now we are expecting a pile of snow next week and im down.

Attachments

• Photo0447 (Medium).jpg
    Photo0447 (Medium).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Photo0448 (Medium).jpg
    Photo0448 (Medium).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

In times like these we have to be creative. Pull remaining bolt, rotate shock 180 degress, take for a similar trip (to straighten shock) put another bolt back in and good to go! Sounds simple right? If it was only that easy! I have 4 sleds ready to ride, SQUAT FOR SNOW!

put my shock in a vice and bent it back straight enough to install it. im back and we just got 2-3 more inches of the white stuff!!

Mad -- take it over to Bruce at B-Line Control in Lindstrom Mn. He can have the shock back up and running in no time. His a former Yamaha sno-corss supsension tech that started his own business. He isn't more than about 45 minutes from you.

651-257-0828

Mills said:
Mad -- take it over to Bruce at B-Line Control in Lindstrom Mn. He can have the shock back up and running in no time. His a former Yamaha sno-corss supsension tech that started his own business. He isn't more than about 45 minutes from you.

651-257-0828

the previous owner took the shocks there every season, so this spring they are all going to him for a refresh.

I'm going to be putting some good miles on with the new snow we are to get Tomorrow, Wednesday, and on saturday. Too bad I have to wait until Thursday night... oh well...

That is as long as we get at least 6" or so, which should not be an issue.

That bent shock should hold up for the rest of the season, provided you don't go too nuts.

i have a ohlin shock that did the same thing dont know how long it was that way before i noticed it ..i did the same as you bent it back ...but mine cracked half way thru the shaft ai i put a good bead of weld on it for a peice of mind ...wouldnt want to be doing 100 mph and it let loose that would be a nasty accident ...snow snow is that that the cold white stuff ? been so long since i have seen it i forget what it looks like ....enjoy your rideing mad and send some of that snow this way

mine dropped as i was approaching an intersection at around 40-50 mph. almost like a ski brake.

Back