Keep the Bravo running

loligager

I have what I think is an 82 Bravo BR250. (going off of the registration card from the previous owner. Serial # 8R4002799

Bought it a couple of years ago for the kids to learn to ride. I went through it at that time replacing some worn parts in the skid etc.

My son was out in our field horsing around with it, jumping drifts (I told him it wasn't really made for jumping but you know how that goes. Needless to say Dad was right and now he'll be freezing his fingertips along side me trying to fix it back up).

One of the torsion springs came off and wound up in the track. it is the front right torsion spring (front of the skid). Bent it beyond repair. Looking on the web I am not able to find a replacement. Any ideas or sources?

What about tracks for the Bravo? Noticed that several clips are missing. Also the torsion spring that jammed in the track did some damage, nothing torn through but a track may be in its future...

Also it seems that it has developed an oil leak. I traced the lines from the oil tank to the pump/injector where the cable goes and it looks like there is weeping of oil somewhere at this point. Wondering if this can be rebuilt or replaced?

I bought the thing for almost free and it has run without a hitch for the past two years bringing lots of smiles for the kids. Its in pretty nice shape currently so I debate how much $ to put into it to keep it running.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a complete skid for one of those. I also have a complete engine, the oilpump may be still on it.

Back