92 Exciter Stud Clearance

bluerocket

looking to put .750" studs in a stock track exciter. i dont see anyone that sells the front heat exchanger protectors anymore. wondering if its required or if they will live with that short of a stud w/o troubles.

if you put .750 studs in a 92 exII with the stock track that will be a waist of time put .875 in it you can clear up to 1'' studs stock just keep the track a little tighter my 88 that i use to race (main trail rider before) i ran .920's for trail riding and all it did was put a few nicks in the front exchanger it now has 1'' picks in it i have the rear protectors but no fronts if you really want to get some 1'' square stock and make them yourself like the sx style

nutz

thanks nutz! looked like there was plenty of room but wanted to make sure so i didnt hose myself. anyone else fabbed protectors for an exciter?

theres a bender set on ebay right now,same set i got,ive been running a vmax 600 track with 1 in studs no problem,just had a few nicks in the top of cooler right in the middle so so i pulled those studs out,

Back