Heeeellllpppp Me Please!!!!!!!!!

87YAMAHA-570

Hi, im an average goe whos been around sled my whole life and im putiing risers on my yamaha exciter 570 its a hole hole aftermarket set up but im havign trouble extending the brake wire any one have ides or solutions thnx ill have pics when its done

what do you mean by brake wire?? if you mean the brake light wire, just cut it and soider in a jumper wire thats longer, if you mean the brake line, you gotta get a longer one, if you mean the parking brake cable, you could get a longer one or just get rid of it like i did.

i was told there is some sled that are longer and match up... but my uncles a parts unlimited dealer so i get the family discount (only pay for time in the sled) i wass looking at my dirt biks clutch cable and it looks the same but longer so ill try it. ill keep posted and if it works and i can set up the bars then the cables

Truckkid42 said:
what do you mean by brake wire?? if you mean the brake light wire, just cut it and soider in a jumper wire thats longer, if you mean the brake line, you gotta get a longer one, if you mean the parking brake cable, you could get a longer one or just get rid of it like i did.
I MEAN THE BRAKE CABLE ITS MACANICLE.

try getting ahold of flanders cables. they used to specialize in odd ball cable configurations and may be able to make what you need or sell you stuff to make your own. you will need to know the size of the barrels on each end, the cable and housing diameters, as well as an approximate length.

you could also compare to the vmaxs 94-96 which had a cable length around 35". dont know if the barrels were the same.

on my highly rized phazer (9") i took a quadracer 92 clutch cable and its doing the job right, you could even rize them 3 feet high... for the over lenght i passed it thru my motocross style handlebar velcro pad to the brake lever ;)!

your exciter is the same type brake system

Back