Unbelievable (Only me)

charles

Here's A Funny story with a question.
First of all Merry Christmas to everyone

Sleds been apart about two months now, installed clutch kit ,cleaned carbs ,cleaned power valves,and all the routine maintainance. Got it back together. Went for my first ride to a buddys place would only run on two cylinders. Brought it home to find out whats wrong. lots of gas, good spark. Guess I should mention 02 viper, center no fire. Also could not find rubber plug that you remove to pull clutch off. I guess you no what I found stuck in center carb, fits perfect. Feeling abit stupid. Now the question, do you think that I hurt the motor. Is there anything I should check or just drive her? big ride planned tomorrow. I think I should keep the beer in the fridge until sled is fully assembled. :beer:

Thanks Charles (Happy new Year)

no man let er go its a viper motor you cant kill them there the best engine ever built. last year my middle power valve kept sticking and only the 1 and 3 cylender would work, i fixed the problem with the power valve and then all 3 worked and ive sence put 1000 truble free miles on my viper 03.

But if you dont feel safe get it checked by yamaha, theyll tell you, keep in mind how much you payed for the sled is it worth loosing anything like a motor.

i think you fine my own 2 cents

you should be cool. When i bought my 02 viper the oil tank was leaking so the dealer fixed it and when they reinstalled the airbox the boot was 1/2 covering the pto carb. I pu 1000k on it like that before noticing. Still has good compression and still keeps up to my freinds rev800 and that was 2500k ago. :rockon:

Back