8DN-20's 02 SRX 700???

cardguy

Turk,

Stock 02 SRX 700, i wanna try the factory 8DN-20s again, it runs 8600-8700 right now with the 47 helix and red spring (set at 80).

(I also have run 40-10 HC's with a 50/40 and green spring.
also have 48/34 and 51/43 helixs)

If i were to add a multiangle helix which one would I want to try, with the 8DN-20s to keep the r's 8400-8500, without adding weight to the primary. all i can add to the 8dns is another 4.5 gram OEM rivet.

I was told both start and finish angles when added up then divided by 2 should equal the stock angle that came with sled, and that this would get you close.

EXample: stock 02 SRX straight 47 helix , so say (51/43) 51+43= 94, 94/2= 47
or say a (52/42) 52+42=94, 94/2= 47

Is there any truth to this formula???

The finish angle makes more of a difference then your formula & so does the manufacterer of the helix. I would run your 51/43 & put in a 4.5 gram inner rivet. You can add washers under the rivets if you need more weight.

Cardguy, please update us as to how the stock clutching works for ya as opposed to the heelclickers. What if you just went from 80 to 70 on sec. maybe that would lower rpms a 100 or so. Also if the tachs read a little high which I've heard they do you may be ral close where you are. I am interested because I too have an 02 srx running Haucks # 4 kit just wondering how much gain there actually is if any. It does seem to go good for sure. Can't do any playing here as the rain washed away our snow. Good luck and hope you post back with some results.

8DN-20's

Turk,

The helix is from an RX1, as soon as I get some time, I'm going to pull out the weights and weight them and then see how much i need to add.( I'm guessing about 3 grams to bring it down 300 rpms( I'll have to run that helix first to see what it does rpm wise) What should i run for secondary spring and twist? I have a red and green.

Vmaxsxt,

I ran the HC's all last year with a 50/40 helix and green sec. spring, I tried all kinds of setups, but just couldn't seem to keep my top end, worked real good down low and threw the mid but kinda seemed to fall off on the top. I've been reading about the stock 8DN-20s and Turk and others seem to think there just as good when there turning the right R's, so thats what I'm going to try this year. We have alot of snow right now but the temps are getting milder and calling for rain this week. It won't be for a while till I can get out and try the modded stocker 8DN-20s.

ANYONE KNOW IF SOMEONE SELLS RIVETS HEAVIER THEN THE STOCK YAMAHA 4.5 GRAMERS???

Thankx again, Nelson

Run the red secondary at 80 degrees. Just go to the hardware store & get thin washers that will fit over the rivets. You can add an extra gram for .05 cents.

Back