99 sx performance

guyman

After being out of sledding since the 80s I bought a sx 700 last year off a older guy who took his time modding it. PSI triple pipes, Geared down one tooth, Besides that it has a roller rooster secondary and transfer rods. I never had a chance to run against anybody else last year but the sled feels pretty fast, atleast form my little experience. Well i brought it in the a local guy to have it looked at, clean the carbs ect. When i brought it in he said even with the mods id have a hard time keeping up with other modern sleds of the same cc. He spent some time with it because i told him i wanted to drag it at the local ice drags and i wanted it tuned. He ended up being pretty impressed with it but still said yamaha tripples arent much. Anybody have an idea on what i could run with, My good friend has a 03 efi zr 800 that is stock. Both our sleds are studded. Should i stay away from other 700's ?
Damn, wheres the snow in Maine!
Guy

My dad has pretty much same stuff psi modblaster tripple pipes head gasket mod that sorta stuff it is a fast sled. I wouldnt be afraid to run it against other 700 or even some 800's. if you loose oh well your sleds not brand new and if you loose to bigger sleds oh well its a bigger sled it should win. You should hold your own out there

i can't see a problem with your sled or set up. you will have no problem with that zr 800, providing you have traction you won't have a problem with alot of sleds. most people don't give credit to the 700 sx but they are quick.my stock 700 will roast my friends 800zr, it is not even a race. you should be right up there with most 700's, and will do alright against 8's as well. make sure you have a good clutch set up and good traction and you'll impress amny with you sled..

ya where is the snow up here? this sucks. where are you located guyman? im up here in milo maybe we can get together and ride sometime. i know of like 6 ppl up here that are on the site that would like to get together and ride

Hey,
Im way down here in Gorham, About 5 min. from Sebago lake. Im open to coming up and meeting with just about anybody. Especially yamaha's. Almost everybody outside of this site around me frowns upon my sled.
Guy

you got a good reliable sled so i would let them think what they want but you will make it back to the homested every time....

ya theres something with people that live in maine and arti chokes thats all you hear about. dont even now where sebago lake is

Back