Viper S--- Should I buy it?Any known problems?

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I am looking into possibly buying a demo Viper S from a local dealer and would like to know from those that have one if they've come across any areas that need to be looked at.I know about W arms cracking,mine did on my SRX but not sure of anything else.The sled was studded and has the appropriate gaurds,red cobra w/s,red skis(yamaha items) and Dalton clutching so it looks good and supposedly runs strong.I tried one out once and was very impressed with the ride and power delivery plus I just like the look of them.The price on it is rather high for a demo they're asking $10500 cdn with a factory warranty and it's got around 1500kms on it,of course the salesman is giving all the sob story he can,the price is below his cost and its got all the extras blah blah blah.What would be a fair price to offer even though he's offering a warrenty?Thanks. :yam:

10,500 is way too much for a demo Viper. I can get a left over 04 here(0miles) for $9000. Better yet I can run 1 hour across the border & buy one in the US for about $5900 US($7000 CDN!)

I bought 2 new in the box last march, 6K US. I'm sure I could make a cal and find one around here for $6500 now.......

I got mine for $6400 US last week so I think he is way high on his price. As far as getting a Viper-S, EXCELLENT choice. Its miles ahead of the 02'.

Back