Y-pipe differences from standard to SX

meat12

What is the difference in length on the SX vs the standard exciter. I have a pipe on its way for my SX and want to make sure that I have the short SX Y-pipe. Can anyone post a pic or shoot me some measurements so I can clarify. Thanks

Justin

EXCITER SX '' Y '' PIPE IS SHORTER THAN STANDARD EXCITER '' Y ''. AND PIPE OPENING IS SLIGHTLY LARGER. I CAN MEASURE MINE FOR YA. 3:16 (yammie tony)

That would be great, I just want to make sure I have the right one, or I will begin my search for a different one. I want to get this thing buttoned up and put to bed for the summer.

Justin

Tony can you help me out with this measurement? I understand that the sx is shorter from the factory, but I dont have anything to compare what I have to. Thanks

Justin

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
Exciter-SX Y-pipe is shorter than standard Exciter.
And pipe opening is slightly larger.
I can measure mine for ya.

Would be very nice if someone could measure the Y-Pipe on the different Exciter models and come up with some numbers.

Last edited:
NO ACTUALLY CAN,T FIND MY '' Y '' PIPE SINCE I WENT TO TWINS. HEY SEE YOUR SELLING YOUR 8BU10. WHATS THE MATTER, DON,T WANT TO GO FAST ANYMORE . lmfao. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

as long as I can do 100,I am happy.I am long traveling the the srx now..back can't take them bumps anymore.For where I ride the 8bu's are not needed.Did ok with stock weights and 51/43 helix...basically keeping her stock now and enjoying the ride,none of this always racing to go an extra few miles an hour and probably save on fuel costs as well since fuel will be rising .Want to do some climbing and jumping with the SRX,want a little more cushioning of course.

Back