dual headlights wiring solved?

SXRider7Hundo

VIP Member
I stumbled across this website through a web forum I belong to for motorcycles and I think this might be the hot ticket to plug and play dual headlight setup.

www.easternbeaver.com

If you go to the headlight relay link, you'll see the dual h4 relay kit. It has ONE plug that you plug into your existing harness and it then gives you TWO h4 plugs. You could then either A run the + - along side your harness and then up to you battery, or B, connect the + - to your hot/ground leads that would otherwise be used for e start. The other benefit I see is the relays could allow the use of HIDs safely, and reliably, and less draw on the stator. What do you guys think?

I think its really just that the stock single headlight system is only a 175 watt system, the dual is 300watt, so its alot more powerfull along with a relay for the lighting system. I am sure you can get the lights to work with smaller bulbs and etc. but the whole reason to have the dual bulb is the more powerfull light, and twin 55/60 watt lights is where its at.

SXRider7Hundo said:
I stumbled across this website through a web forum I belong to for motorcycles and I think this might be the hot ticket to plug and play dual headlight setup.

www.easternbeaver.com

If you go to the headlight relay link, you'll see the dual h4 relay kit. It has ONE plug that you plug into your existing harness and it then gives you TWO h4 plugs. You could then either A run the + - along side your harness and then up to you battery, or B, connect the + - to your hot/ground leads that would otherwise be used for e start. The other benefit I see is the relays could allow the use of HIDs safely, and reliably, and less draw on the stator. What do you guys think?

I actually have an EASTERN BEAVER relay system on my Kawi Drifter motorcycle. Was able to run succesfully NOKIA ARCTIC WHITES which are 90/100s. Stock is 55/60. No melting/problems at all. Still running my OE battery from 2004. That thing is like a welding arc if your staring at it.
Don't know that I would tax my stator going from 65w to somewhere @ 300w though. Probably would shorten stator life significantly.
I think the guy is an American or Brit that is in Japan w/ wife.

Last edited:
Ya know what.....I just remembered that my son got it used off of Ebay. Was going to put it on his 92 Phazer w/ e-start. Got it all hooked up and it was a NO GO. He contacted the guy that makes them and and he told him some electrical reason. I threw it on the DRIFTER and it worked great. I'll see if he can remember when he get home from work.

It had to do with the electrical system on a 2-cycle. I'd imajine it's the stator. Which my bike obviously does not have. That's why it worked on the bike and not the Phazer.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure Dan. My TL has a stator to charge the system but who knows. I was going to pursue this further but I no longer have that single bulb sled anymore but I might get my buddy who has a twin to my old sled to give this a shot and if we do there will definitely be a write up.

Back