1st ride on cpr piped viper

sxrsist

VIP Member
not sure if i can say, wow, amazing,the clutching i got did not pull the rpms it was suppose to,im running the head mod,jeffs jetting, 160-160-162.5 mains,needles in number 4 mag at 2 shims underand mid and pto shims on top,47.5 and 47.5 and 50 on the mag with 2 1/4 turns on screws,i ended up putting the 2 thin washers under the bolt in thecentre and using only the small allen in the heel,still had a hard time pulling over 9000, then i put on my hitech er with the 48-46 helix and a polaris silver blue sec. spring, got the 9200 i was after,pulled to 115 miles per hour,it seemed to babble a bit in the mid range and would take a half second to clean out if i hit it after driving in the mid for a bit,deffinitel will have to play with needles,this thing seems to go but its not going to set the world on fire,can someone tell me where does the allens in the heel make a difference on rpm,when i took the screws out it seemed to make thge whole rpm go up a bit even at the top end, i must say it sound nice at 9200 rpm, the temp wasnt that cold about -10 c. and the plugs were a nice tan, i was also running the br9ecs plugs, would that make any difference on performance then running the 9es plus?

The allen screws mainly effect low end rpm,s but will raise your top end rpm,s slightly too...just like hc,s.Running ES plugs is asking for detonation on long pulls on cold days ...specially with a piped sled!!!

You should be running

HH primary spring jeff sent you

#1 - 1/4 allen
#2 - 3/8 steel with thick washer
#3 - empty

Stock helix with a yamaha silver set at 70 deg. (6-1)

That should put you at 9100 and on long runs will climb to 9300-9400

If not check for alignment or binding problems.

Wolfman

Well

I have a little of both. Some from CPR, some from SLP. Pipes are SLP, head and jetting is from CPR, and clutching is from SLP. Spinning 8,800-8,900.

8DN20's with I think 4.5 outer and 3.9 inner. Everything else stock. 23/40 gears. 160 across, 3.5 across, 47.5 across, and 2 1/8 screws.

Have the Opticool and exchanger. Running the tempa-flow at most lean position which I think is 1/4 turn counterclockwise.

Sounds weird, but I have been using the burned off paint from my pipes as a initial indication of jetting.

It rips, but no mile long WOT yet. Have run it in -15F with no problems yet. Running BR9ES plugs. Will do some jet reading again when it is out of the garage. Have a couple of days down time, thank god there is no snow here yet.

Lat year I had same jetting, but on mag. side I had 162.5 and 4.0 on needles. Took mag. pipe off this year and it was wet and no paint burned off. Ran that jetting at 1/2 mile WOT in -20F with no burn down, so we'll see.

Back