Help Indentifying Studs....

427cobra

I am going to replacing the worn studs in my track. The studs were already installed when I got the sled.

So I am not sure what kind they are. I know they are woodys brand.

I need some help so I can get matching replacement studs!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• East Waterloo-20110410-00112.jpg
    East Waterloo-20110410-00112.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1
  • East Waterloo-20110410-00113.jpg
    East Waterloo-20110410-00113.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2

If they have a cupped head which they appear to there Gold Diggers.This is called there track trapping principle and I believe only the Gold Diggers have this.These are there premium studs, but many really like the Mega Bites as well.

Thanks for all the information. After becoming more familiar with stud types.....I believe you guys are correct in saying that they are the gold diggers. Now I just have to decide if I want to replace them all or just the 30 or so that I removed because of being bent or because the carbide tip had worn off...????

Attachments

• IMG-20110410-00111.jpg
    IMG-20110410-00111.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
427cobra said:
Thanks for all the information. After becoming more familiar with stud types.....I believe you guys are correct in saying that they are the gold diggers. Now I just have to decide if I want to replace them all or just the 30 or so that I removed because of being bent or because the carbide tip had worn off...????

I've got a few Gold Diggers (maybe 20 or so) that are bent along with most that are worn around the carbide insert and I have no plans to replace any of them.

IMO - Based on the pics, replacing the 30 or so with new won't make much of a difference nor will you see much difference replacing all unless all the carbide is gone. I'd invest the coin for new studs somewhere else.

Sounds like I will just replace the 30 I removed. The ones removed were bent or missing the carbide insert.

Thanks for all the replies!!

Back