Powervalves

yah it seems to be lossing a bit of power... it felt weird when i got on it and road it today.. It wasnt sputtering or anything out of the ordinary.. it felt like it didnt have that lil extra boost that it usually has.

Remove the powervalves from the housing. See if the cables have pulled thru the end of the power valves & make sure cables are not stretched. You have been checking & cleaning powervalves regularily???

If your P. Valves become stuck, they stick in the open position. The stuck valves are noticable at low RPM. The engine will have a slight bog. At higher RPM's ther is no noticable differnce because the valve would be in there open position anyway.

power valves

wel im gonna pull mine apart wednesday and let ya know, sounds like we mite be having the same problem? are you hitting 8500? im only hitting about 8100 on my tach, but like i said, when i cleaned mine this fall i noticed that one end looked rough, and im hoping that all it is. anyone know a quick fix if it is pulled threw???? thanx.....jim

Not sure but I would think if the power valves were sticking they would be in the closed position,otherwise why would srx's be known for pulling the cables through the end of the valve.If they were stuck open the servo motor wouldn't be pulling on the cable would it? Someone please step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree Vmax, one of my cables pulled through with the valve in the down position. I would think that the easier way to check them would be to pull the cover off the PV motor drop the RPM to below 900 and see if there's tension on all the cables. If any are pulled through they will be slack.

You gotta buy a new powervalve. Check to see cable ain,t frayed too!

after 3300 miles ( bought sled with 2700 mile) i found that my gap (when adjusting) was about 1/4 inch!!! i dialed them in to 1/8inch using a 1/8"drill as suggested on the board

is it common for the cables to stretch and require that much adjustment?

btw.all cable ends are good now as i had to replace one power valve last spring.

ramb

Back