First ride on my 03 SXViper?

DetroitViper

Went to the Frederick area and put a 100 miles on my new Viper. The only problem that I had was getting it to hook up. My brother has a 01 SX700R and he was killing me of the line then I would catch him. We both have 144 studs and silcencers, and neither of us have transer rods. Is there an adjustment that I should try? We are both about the same weight, just need some advice, more studs? Transfer rods? I wish I would of saved the $240 on studs and put on a rip saw track...Any ideas would help I was thinking about a clutch kit but if I can't get it to hook up, I'd think it would be pointless. But over all really hapy with the sled.

sell the stock track and studs and go for a ripsaw. i sold my stock studded track with 1,500 miles on it for $300.

Your 03 Viper has adjustable tranfer rods from the factory...set them for full tranfer when you want to hook up .your tool kit even gives you the wrenchs to use.

DV,
I've had an 02' Viper with the stock track and 144 studs and I could not get it to hook up either (my buddy would smoke me on his 600 poo with a 1 1/4" track!). I dropped in an Expert-X and solved that problem, it also rode at least 20 times better.
I now have an 04' with a ripsaw and I can easily pull away from my SRX700 with 192 golddiggers, at least to 80-90 MPH.
Point being, unless your on severe hardpack or ice the studs or nearly useless. Put on a ripsaw, watch for icey corners and have a good time spanking ANYONE with a 1" lug track.
Tom

P.S. or you can buy my 136" expert-x, tunnel ext., and camo 9819 track and REALLY transform that Viper. (sorry, sales pitch oppertunity)

How much $$ does a rip saw track go for? Do you need to stud a rip saw track? Never installed a track is it a bitch? Any other mods have to be done when installing it?
Thanks

Back