Help with SRX

hotrodd

Rode 200 miles on Saturday and trailered sled on Sunday 3 hours and couldn't keep plugs from fouling. I read somewhere you can't keep alot of gas in it or it will flood the crankcase. I had about 3/4 of a tank but was curious if that makes since?

Another thing on the trip on Saturday everyonce in a while the sled would cutout around 6-7 r.p.m. Like it was hanging on something. I never noticed this before. Seems like it was shortly after taking a break. I am thinking the carbs were freezing from the hot too cold heated carbs. I had the knob turned too heat so I am wondering if that's what caused it. ANy comments?

Thanks

Trailer viper full of fuel!

I always trailer my viper fill of fuel. Never had a single problem with plug fouling yet. I think it is B.S. My skidoo said the same thing and I still trailered it full of fuel. sucks getting to your destination and then not having any fuel. If it was a problem Yamaha would have put in a fuel shut off valve. Just my two cents.

that same problem happened to me with my srx...base filled up....and also my neighbours older phazar....i fill mine up with cans when i get there....but im goin to put a shut off on it

sounds like on the cutting out, your tores switch is bad. Try unplugging it and see what happens

Its not total bull, if the sled is flat you should have no issues, if you have the back end lifted fuel will shift and this can happen. So the guys who put the sleds in the back of the trucks and then put the end gate up are most likely to experience this.

one thoery is that with a two stroke. if piston is in correct location , can have both ports open to cylinder. driving down the road creates draft "through" the engine and pulls fuel through the carb just like a running engine, but of course to a lesser degree ,filling the crank case. i had to always stuff off fuel on my polaris because of this.

open trailer or back of truck of course caused this........

and what IS a tores switch.

I'd check your plug caps while you're checking things. Some times they get corroded over summer.

I used to trailer mine alot and never had trouble...but...I did put a fuel line valve on them anyhow. Cheap insurance anyhow.

Back