Viper Throttle HELP ME PLEASE ANYONE

Harry Balzonya

Website
www.poppaduff.piczo.com
does anyone know how to ajust a viper throttle cable to stock form, my cable has lost some ajustment, and every time i ride the dam machine it runs fine until i let off the gas and then the TORS start acting up. right know i have the tors disconected and it runs fine but not perfect due to the throttle cable ajustment. i dont have a cle how to get my machine to run the way it should can someone out there help me please.

I know its the tors because i can squeese the throttle all the way and the snowmoble dont move an inch it stays below 3000 rpm, it happens everytime i let off the gas but when i let it go back to normal idel its fine again until i let off the gas again..

i checked my throttle cable and it has a lot of free play when its a idlle

i know its only a simple problem that i can fix myself rather then paying yamaha to fix it.

Find a 10mm open end wrench and then find the end of the throttle cable where it threads into its bracket just above the carb rack.
loosen the jam nut and if you have excessive free play in the cable turn the adjuster CCW till you have just a slight amount of freeplay.
Retighten jam nut.
Press the flipper to the bars and see if the linkage opens the carbs full, then release the flipper to see that the linkage fully closes tight to the idle adjuster screw.

Back