flatbeds

bolin22

what are you guys using for flatbeds? i have a '03 2500hd srw that i just took out the side of the box on. thinking of going to a flatbed to haul 2 sleds and fourwheelers with. trying to decide aluminum vs steel, width, coatings (powdercoating or linex) etc. just wondering if you guys have any luck with particular brands or if you have any must have options.
thanks
bolin

nope. looked at them but half my track hangs off the back anyway seems like.

rarely do i tie the rear down, but i have found the ratchet straps work quite well.

i really cant say enough good about the superclamps. couldnt believe how well they work and how simple they are, especially on the sleddeck. save you from climbing up and securing.

enjoy your deck, protect the rear portion of the truck cab and it may be a bit undaunting the first few times you load but it gets easier. i have a long ramp which helps.

I know the original post here is about flat beds, but I was wondering about sled decks in general. I see a couple for sale locally, for a reasonable price. Can you put these on any full size truck? I have a full-size K1500 6.5" bed, can I put this on that and expect to be able to haul 2 full size sleds?

some decks are designed for the shorter beds, some for the 8' bed. clarify before committing. my deck is specific for my shorter bed on my d-max, same as yours.

with the 1500 series, you may want to look into some airbags or timbren ses as you will be nearing capacity. 300-400lbs for the deck, 500+ per sled x 2.

i have used their products for the rear, but not the front.

your truck being a half-ton may require something different.

i would suggest trying a deck out first to see if you need any extra suspension help. you will know when your loaded going down the highway.

i installed the timbren on my 3/4t as it sees alot of trailers as well as the sleddeck. i chose that over airbags because i have friends that seem to constantly have issues with airbags. i would like to try airbags next time.

Back