SRV540 I think Please Help

Cheshiretvr

Hi All

If possible please can you help me have a dune buggy in the Dubai, united Arab Emirates which is running on a Yamaha snowmobile engine number 8H800, at present one cylinder has low compression. But in the UAE there are no parts, and as do not know what the engine came out off I am have great difficulties finding parts.

Do you know what this engine came from, year etc etc, can you tell me the best place to find a manual and parts

Other markings on the engine are:

8R600
535cm3
8I-000812

I think from looking at the web that it is a SRV540 not sure of year.

Thanks

Andrew

Is it a fan cooled motor or liquid cooled motor? The SRV has a fan cooled motor but they also made a 540 in the Vmax that was liquid cooled.

Welcome to the site! Although I know very little about the motor your talking about, im sure there are quite a few people here who can help. Also we recommend you use the search feature to browse older posts that may relate to your issue before posting so as to avoid reoccurring questions. Good luck and welcome!!!!
;)!

Cheshiretvr said:
Hi All

If possible please can you help me have a dune buggy in the Dubai, united Arab Emirates which is running on a Yamaha snowmobile engine number 8H800, at present one cylinder has low compression. But in the UAE there are no parts, and as do not know what the engine came out off I am have great difficulties finding parts.

Do you know what this engine came from, year etc etc, can you tell me the best place to find a manual and parts

Other markings on the engine are:

8R600
535cm3
8I-000812

I think from looking at the web that it is a SRV540 not sure of year.

Thanks

Andrew
your definately dealing with a 540cc fannner. the 8R6 stampning will cross with some of the xlv's.

is that an 8I(eye) or an 81(one)? kick the third digit in there and if its an R it would be xlv, if G, its an srv. not much difference between the two except the crank and the oil pump drive. based on the info given your dealing with something around 1986.

MrSled said:
Is it a fan cooled motor or liquid cooled motor? The SRV has a fan cooled motor but they also made a 540 in the Vmax that was liquid cooled.

it is fan cooled

Thanks

Back