Need Help!

SnowKing

The odometer on my dad's 02 Viper shut off today while i was riding. We can't figure out why. We started it later today and it came back on but it was dimmer and it flickered a little bit. Does anyone know what the problem could be? we lifted the hood and we couldn't see any loose connections or problems with the wires. The power is still there though!!!

the wiring is so close to the air intake, i wonder if snow got into the wiring and melted, causing a malfunction or something

check the wiring harness under the coolent jug , the harness goes under the motor there , right there at the bend where it starts to go down under the motor ,check out the wires , there are alot of 02's that the vibration rubbed the coating off the wire and it was shorting things out .

Thank you very much B2SO. We have a '77 250, '79 440, two Phazers and this Viper. We are strictly Yamaha, so we are not use to parts failing. Thanks again!!

Check the harness under the radiator cap close to the mageto. they had a problem down there. I think i pulled the air box then you can see where it rubs.

Back