1975 GPX 338 paint code black on hood

gpxsrx

Looking for the paint code for the black on the centre of the gpx hood. I want the black to be as close as factory as possiable. I bought a mod hood and i need to paint it. thanks Bruce

004-2.jpg
stGermain2010046.jpg

you mean this black this is a single stage omni (ppg product) with flattinind agent added i will have to look up the mix but it is just a straight black and matches perfect to oem ................... also good luck with the pistons i have some on the shelf and took me 2 years to find them and the rings

paint code

Nice sled, Im doing a gpx 338 for a friend i wish it was 6 years ago i had every yammi gpx part you could ever need. Sold everthing as a lot wish i kept everthing now. Bruce

like a idiot i forgot to right down my mix i will be painting this weekend again and i will pay attention to the mix i end up with

Nutz

It looks similar to Omni MTK 9000 black flattened with SU4985 to an egg-shell finish. I would buy a small amount of the products needed and do a test panel to verify the gloss is correct. Many times the flattener (SU4985) is more powerful than needed, thus a semi-gloss formula may be needed.

Go to your PPG distributor and they should be able to hook you up.

Also, make sure you seal the area with black MP epoxy for better coverage of the Omni black. Make sure to follow the P-sheet from your distributor on dry time for the sealer as epoxy dries pretty slow.

Good luck on your build!

Hey Nutz, love the mod job on your 433, where did the saet come from, any more pics you can send. seen a trapp pic of his sled and looks like the fabbed up the tank, thinking of doing the same thing to mine , any info on sice , mounting etc. tnx

Back