Best skid for 1990 Phazer II

sleddineinar

VIP Member
I'm starting to shop around, going to be at Haydays too... I'm looking for suggestions here.

I have a 136" 1-1/4" Ripsaw that I want to use, and want to balance it as best I can with the TSS... What skid do you all think would be the best to look for?

Don't want to get thrown off of here but I put a zr cat skid under mine. I love it Weight transfer is fantastic
2011weinerroast016.jpg
. Big Sal

Last edited:
Not sure exactly what you're looking for in a new skid. But, several years back when I still had my 91 phazer short track I decided to put new shocks underneath it. I started with a Ryde FX shock in the year which made a HUGE difference in the ride and handling. About the same time I discovered the front shock was shot. Ryde did not make a front skid shock so I went with a Kimpex Gold shock. I tell you the difference the 2 shocks made together on that machine was just incredible. I also replaced the 2 front TSS shocks with some aftermarket units. Do not remember the brand but I believe I got them thru Parts Unlimited. With all the shocks on that machine changed, it was unbelievable to ride. Completely different machine, as smooth and compliant as anything I've ever ridden! Almost forgot to mention, I had some heavier duty torsion spings on it at the time. I think I got them from Benders.

could always throw an enticer II skid in there as those where 136" with 8" of travel. might even bolt in in stock location in some places.

Back