crank info

SniperX

picked up a 2001 srx 700 with a bad crank and some body damage,i want to know if i can use my 99 bottom end to rebuild the 2001 motor , plan to put it in my 99 i know i have to use the stator and wiring from the 01 but are there other issues with doing this?

thanks

should be no problem as long as you use the 99 electronics. if you are planning on running the 2001 headlamp, then you need the 01 electonics under the flywheel.

i plan on using all the electrical from the 2001 so as long as the crank works it should be good to go ,i like the look of the dual headlight so its worth the effort thanks for the info

SniperX said:
picked up a 2001 srx 700 with a bad crank and some body damage,i want to know if i can use my 99 bottom end to rebuild the 2001 motor , plan to put it in my 99 i know i have to use the stator and wiring from the 01 but are there other issues with doing this?

thanks

yes, there are other issues, the 98-99 has a differnt mounting spot for the pick up coil on the case, as the 98-99 has the larger flywheel. 2000-02 uses alot smaller flywheel and the mounting boss cast on the case is located differntly.

what youd need to do is reuse the 2001 case and install the 99 crank, and youll also need to reuse the pto bearings as the 98-99 uses 2 seprate bearings and the 01 has 1 wide bearing and the dowel pin locations are differnt. the races on crank are the same so you can swap them back and forth.

Back