viper pipes on a red head?

97mm700

im just wondering if a set of viper triple pipes would work on a red head? the red head dont have the power valves, and might be different mounts, but i have the pannels for them to fit, i can get my hands on a set, and was wondering if they would fit on and work?

nope, differnt bore and stroke engine and the exh. flanges are completely differnt also, youll need to find a set for a red head engine.

NOT BUCKING WHAT DON POSTED HERE, THEY WILL WORK, WE HAD HAUCK HUSHERS VIPER PIPES ON A 97 SX, DID MAKE 150 AT C&H BUT THEY REALLY ARE NOT FOR THIS MOTOR. FLANGES WERE WRONG FOR STARTERS, BUT KID WENT WITH WHAT HE HAD. I PULLED MY HAIR OUT TRYING TO CLUTCH THIS THING. DID FIND PSI RED HeAD PIPEs. SO SURE IT WILL WORK, BUT ITS HALF ***. 3:16 (yammie tony)

You can make anything work, within reason. You will not have any fun getting the clutching to work as yammiegod has pointed out. If I remember correctly, quite a few years ago somebody on here put skidoo triples on their redhead sled (maybe it was on snowest, can't remember). Time spent getting it to work was ridiculous, but it did work. Are you a patient man?

viper flanges use 4 bolts and has a oval exh port. The sx red head motors use 2 bolts at a diagnol pattern and has a round exh port so the flanges wont work at all. So lets say you build new flanges, then the problem will be where it will make power at and at what rpm because the head pipe length will be wrong, just like Tony found out, thats why he had such a had time clutching it.

also wondering, i got a rmk 700 can, and i tryed it on my red head, it use to be loud on the 700, now its quiet, still good on my red head, would the back pressure be different, and would it burn up my motor?

cans really dont make or break the sleds power as most of that is controlled via the pipe. The stinger on the pipe is more critical then the muffler after the stinger. So in my opinion you can maybe change the power a couple to a few hp because of the differnt back pressures between the silencers/mufflers but its not going to make or break the engine powerwise like say 15+hp.

yeah, its the can, so if i cut it up to make it fit my one, it will work? its the same size pipe as the mm, if so ill have that good in no time

it gives it more power, but my father said, if it got the wrong back pressure, it will burn up your engine, like streight pipe, but this is a mbrp race can, for a rmk 700, but i think it will work, you think i should try it?

Back