Exhaust Header Gasket Question

sr522re

I have a 2001 SX700R and I want to remove my exhaust so I can sandblast it and paint it. I'm wondering if I will have to buy a new gasket for the header in order to install it properly or if I'll be able to re-use the old gasket? Is the gasket a type of compression gasket that crushes when bolted down or is it just a typical metal/paper gasket that might be salvagable?

Thanks in advance!

C

sr522re said:
I have a 2001 SX700R and I want to remove my exhaust so I can sandblast it and paint it. I'm wondering if I will have to buy a new gasket for the header in order to install it properly or if I'll be able to re-use the old gasket? Is the gasket a type of compression gasket that crushes when bolted down or is it just a typical metal/paper gasket that might be salvagable?

Thanks in advance!

C

Anyone? Someone here has to have had their exhaust header off... Just curious if I need to spend the $25 on a new gasket or not. I'd rather not...

Thanks again!

C

If you are careful taking them apart, you can reuse them. Like stated above, a coat of copper spray might be needed

Back