01 Venture Handwarmers (rear)

79ET340EC

New to the forum. I've got an 01 Venture 700 that I picked up at the beginning of last season. No complaints about the sled but the rear hand warmers don't work. I've verified that there is no power getting from the relay back to the switch (and that the switch is good). I've got 13+ volts coming to the hot side of the relay coil. The ground side coming from the ECM never shows ground. I read that the ECM will only allow the rear warmers to work above 3600 rpm AND when the battery is fully charged. So I unhooked battery thinking that I could remove it from the circuit and then got the engine above 3600 rpm. With my voltmeter set to ohms, I checked for continuity between the yellow wire coming from the ECM and ground. No luck. Is this a common problem? Also, can I reroute the ground wire for the relay to chassis ground instead? That would give me rear warmers all the time but I don't want to over tax the electrical system. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Was there an issue with the ecm or did you just want to be able to have them on all the time?

Back