38 tmx flatslides?

just don't run pods on a fan cooled engine. tried it and had to lift to hood to get enough cool air to get the sled to run after stoping for a few seconds, then it flew. flipped the hood up a few more time to get it back home and off came the pods.

ya, ok, you are a expert engineer now......

Junior, go back to school, you have a lot to learn. So a box being almost sealed up would have no vapor at all when running huh? Go do a science expierment, put a gas soaked rag in a box upside down, leave it in there for about 5 to 10 mins, then remove it by sliding it out from the bottom of the box, then light a match and stick your face up to the box, see if there is enough vapor there to do something.......lmao!!! If your sled has no residue and spitback you have the only snowmobile in existance.......lmao!!!!!

Why do many... people on this site make post and answer things they know nothing about?????????? :o| :o| :o| :ORC

mrviper700 said:
Junior, go back to school, you have a lot to learn. So a box being almost sealed up would have no vapor at all when running huh? Go do a science expierment, put a gas soaked rag in a box upside down, leave it in there for about 5 to 10 mins, then remove it by sliding it out from the bottom of the box, then light a match and stick your face up to the box, see if there is enough vapor there to do something.......lmao!!! If your sled has no residue and spitback you have the only snowmobile in existance.......lmao!!!!!

Why do many... people on this site make post and answer things they know nothing about?????????? :o| :o| :o| :ORC

sorry mrviper700, you're right, I shoulda seen that, if there's enough to build up residue there's enough to combust, and if there's enough to combust then there's enough to effect jetting

it's my mistake, I'll think about stuff more before I post from now on.

O.K.
Anytime you modify an intake system on the inlet side of the carbs to get more air flow you.....expose the needle to a higher pressures. Anytime you modify an engine carb forward, you.....create more engine vacuum. Anytime you expose the inlet of the carb to higher than normal pressure, you get more air, but you also increase pressure around the needle, making it harder to pull fuel from the bowls, usually worst at full throttle. When modifing the motor to pull more air (reeds, porting, pipes), this actually creates more vacuum in the carb inlet, helping to pull more fuel, along with the extra air. Sometimes not enough though, so slight jetting changes are needed. This helps explain the non linear jet size change, per horsepower increase. Why pods get even more jetting than a gutted airbox, well maybe it has something to do with higher under the hood pressures at operating speeds, maybe spitback too? dunno? I'm satisfied with that. Thanks all for helping out! P.S. Junior's just trying to help, it's all theory sometimes, any ideas are welcome. I get fustrated too, sorry if I sometimes offend people. This was A good informative post, got my brain working, couldn't have done it without your input.

Thanks Guys ;)!

38mm

instead of pluging the boost bottle holes in the pz carb boots why not just run a boost bottle ? this would probaly pick up the mid and bottem end.

Back