Pros & Cons of Flipping SRX Front Shock Brackets

ReaperSRX

I have longtracked & longtravel'd SRX with the Ohlins shock extensions already on, would there be any more benefits to fliping shock brackets?.................James

Are there any other adjustments necessary after doing this or you just flip them and your done?

I did my brackets this week. I used a sawzal to grind the relief in both brackets which was quick. I used a file to make 2 notches to help with the cuts. Most seemed to recomend using one washer under the bracket's bottom when re-installing, but I found using a washer for both upper and lower holes seemed to work better. Make sure you use loctite when re-installing.

After doing the brackets and extensions on my ohlins, my camber appears a little on the negative side (inward) and skis a little toe-in. I still need to take some measurements, but from first glance, it looks like I need to make some minor adjustments.

Mark

Just saw a guy in EBay selling brackets, he is making himself for $25 plus shipping, i might just get these, because it would just take less time and hassle to just bolt in rather than modify the stock ones, I KNOW i am just being lazy............James

Back