2002 SxViper Pipe questions

SnowBandit

Website
www.slednewengland.com
I am thinking of adding pipes to my 2002 Viper. It has 6,000 miles on it now and I don't think I want to dump the money on a new sled unless they come out with EFI... So summer project for next year...

Which pipes are best for MPG and being quite(don't want to get a ticket in NH for being loud).
Do I need a ATACC?
Which are a good set of EGTs for a reasonable price?

Thanks for any info....

Loaded question.......I've been down the road with CPR's. If I piped it again???
1st choice.) SLP
2nd) I have heard good about Jaws and Speedwerx, mainly for trail friendliness
3rd) AAEN or Bender

CPR's are fast, fit so/so are flat on the bottom but come on hard in midrange to top end. I think they are great on the lakes, so/so in the trails.

So far none of the pipes will do the greatest on mileage.

I really like my SLP's. They are fairly quiet for pipes, 3 into 1 canister style. Good power, not sure what the MPG is since we are mountain rider's. I can tell you that at end of the day, I will have used the same amount of fuel as my bud's 900 EFI mountain cat, and less fuel than another bud's piped mountain max 700.

i hear alot of good things about slp, and cpr, i think that they are the most reliable, reliability is the biggest thing in my mind, then hp, then economy,i put the cpr on mine and i never rode it much but i think itl be thirsty,stick with the pipes that run over 88-8900 rpmmy buddy had a set of benders and blew up 3 times, and i also know a few others,but then there are others that had luck, i think if you use benders clutch kit it is better, doesnt load the motor up like some can, as soon as we got the bender pipes to pull, then pop, popo, ouch

if you want to keep reliable power, port your reeds, pull two gaskets, cut pistons and trail port motor, have your stock pipes done by fix.
then you wont need to lug gas with you.

my answer may change after this years riding with my pipes, i think i got it fixed.

I think you can't go wrong with Aaen, Slp, Cpr or Bender pipes. I think they all have there pro's and cons. I had Cpr and now have Aaen's. The Aaen's are really quit and have a clean look and fit. I have a guy I know that has Slp's and loves em. 6k wfo and no problems. I think whatever you get a better deal on if I had to do it over a 3rd time. That's just my 2 cents

Jerry Fix does a silencer mod that goes along with his King Cobra kit. That kit includes new dome profiles in head to even out compression, cold air kit and clutching too. Betheviper, have you tried your method? I have been wondering about doing some trail porting. Port your reeds?? Can you explain this one??

thanks, j-man

cant figure out how fix can recreate thge stock single to make way more power,bender makes a single pipe and it makes like 2 h.p.have a hard time believing

He's not getting the power "mainly" from the silencer mod. It's from the head mod and cold air kit. He tried modding the pipe itself and found no extra power. In the silencer they reroute the configuration of the exhaust flow.

pull your carbs off and unbolt your reeds, now think like a flow of air with a bad back. you want to take a nice smooth ride with no turbulance or sharp turns. you will see what i mean.
as for the exhaust mod last i talked to fix they had a pipe and muffler mod that together was good for 3hp on top and 6-7 in the mid(this is from memory) that was a couple of years ago and not sure if they even do it anymore or if they were lieing to me when i asked. f7 came out and i lost interest in 3hp when i needed like 20

Back