Long tracking 01 sxr 700

01sxr700

VIP Member
I am thinking of long tracking my 01 SXR 700 to 136" (1.375 or 1.5), and also reinstalling my Bender Pipes. Never took the time to get everything tuned properly last year so I took them off.
On the long tracking I was wondering if I shoiuld go with the rail extensions or go with the kit from Maxximum Performance which relocates the rear skid and uses one piece rails.
On the pipe install, does anyone have suggestions for clutcing Primary, secondary and jetting. (tempa flow and Heel Clicker weights).
I have reverse and I think that I can only get a 1 tooth smaller gear for the upper or should I go with 8 tooth antiratchet drivers.
Thanks

Not sure on the Bender Pipes but Turk may be able to shed some light on that but I have a 136 m10 in my sx-r, if you look in the Sled Garage. I used Mountain Perf tunnel extension and added the 8 tooth drivers so I can stud. I also have reverse and I don't think there is any reason to gear down with 8 tooth drivers, it will change the ratio with that alone.

What did you do about the rear heat exchanger. In the Maxx Perf add it says that they make the only kit that you can reinstall the original heat exchanger or do I need to go with a bigger exchanger due to the added HP?

you can add a Max Perf flat rear exchanger or you can do what I did and take the one that came stock on the sled , cut the nipples off and have them welded back on so you can mount it flat in the tunnel.

mountain performance has some good kits also that come with everything tunnel extensions rail extensions and new hoses and they also have kits with plates to move the skid too and theree prices seem farley reasonable i just got done long tracking a sx and i wish i would have bought one of there kits

Back